If you already have the Autodesk Network License Manager installed, but it's not the most recent (2017) version, please follow these steps to update to the most recent version.
Network License Manager Update
Get New License File, Download New License Manger Files, and Implement New License File
Acquire New License File
1. You will need to acquire a new license file for each application to be managed by the Autodesk Network License Manager and then combine the individual files into a single license file to be used for the license manager service.
2. If we got your license initially, contact CAD-1 to acquire the new license file(s) on your behalf; we will already have the server information. If this is the first time we are acquiring the license file(s), we will need the Host Name (computer name) of the computer that will host the license manager and the Host ID (Ethernet address) of the computer that will host the license manager. Double-click on the new LMTOOLS desktop icon and select the System Settings tab; the Host Name and Host ID can be found on this tab:
3. Once you have possession of license file <Company Name-License Version>.LIC copy that into the folder created in the Network License Manager Install document – C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Network License Manager\License.
Download New Network
License Manager Files
1. Open LMTOOLS > Pick the Start / Stop / Reread tab > Check the Force Server Shutdown box > Pick the Stop Server button. This will not stop the server as the syntax suggests, but just stop the license manager service.2. Once you see the Stopping Server message at the bottom of the tab, close LMTOOLS.
5. Visit this link to download the 2017 license manager files. Please choose the appropriate version for your server (32-bit or 64-bit). The files will download as a zipped file.
6. Copy the files from the zipped folder into C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Network License Manager
Update and Start Service
1. Double click new LMTOOLS desktop icon and select the Config Services tab.
2. Pick the Browse button next to Path to the license file and navigate to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Network License Manager\License > <Company Name-License Version>.LIC and pick Open.
4.4. 4. Select the Start / Stop / Reread tab and pick the Start Server button.
Check that Service is Running
1. Pick the Server Status tab and the Perform Status Enquiry button. The window below will populate with something similar to this:
Flexible License Manager status on Mon 11/9/2015 16:01
[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@trainingserv
License file(s) on trainingserv: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\TRAININGSERV-2017.lic:
trainingserv: license server UP (MASTER) v11.13.1
Vendor daemon status (on trainingserv):
adskflex: UP v11.13.1
Feature usage info:
Users of 85838NAVSIM_F: (Total of 65 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of 86204SBPNL_F: (Total of 30 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of 85691DSADV_F: (Total of 30 licenses issued; Total of 9 licenses in use)
"85691DSADV_F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex, expiry: 05-may-2017
If you have see something similar, then your license manager is installed and working correctly, there are a couple of other potential issues that I think it is better to mention rather than let you run into them without the knowledge of how to fix them. The first potential problem is when you go to save the service you get an error "Updating DACL Failed..." this can be overcome by just saving the service a second time. The other problem may occur when you go to start the service you get a message at the bottom of the Start / Stop / Reread tab – “VD is starting, please check vendor daemon's status in debug log”. If you get that, you need to change a value that is set in the service and below are the steps if needed –
Within LMTOOLS identify the service name –
Open the local services –
In the Services window select the License Manager Service > right-click and select Properties –
In the Service Properties window select the Log On tab > change the selection from This Account to Local System Account > pick OK > you can now start your service in LMTOOLS.
Please give us a call or email if you have any problems or questions (303)217-5174.